Word for 2018-Abide

My word for 2018 is abide.  I have this great picture over my fireplace made by a good friend that reminds me to abide each day.  My understanding of abide is to "be with Jesus."

What does it mean to abide?  Here are some definitions to help us better understand the word. 
  • The Greek word "meno" which is a verb means "to stay". It can also be translated as abide, continue, dwell, endure, be present, remain, stand, tarry for. We will also see these in the Old Testament as well.
Each week I will share a verse (or two) to help us better understand abiding.
and said, “My lords, please turn aside to your servant's house and spend the night and wash your feet. Then you may rise up early and go on your way.” They said, “No; we will spend the night in the town square.” (Genesis 19:2)
 Then Abraham said to his young men, “Stay here with the donkey; I and the boy will go over there and worship and come again to you.” (Genesis 22:5)
55 Her brother and her mother said, “Let the young woman remain with us a while, at least ten days; after that she may go.”  (Genesis 24:55)
19 Laban said, “It is better that I give her to you than that I should give her to any other man; stay with me.” (Genesis 29:19) 
 33 Now therefore, please let your servant remain instead of the boy as a servant to my lord, and let the boy go back with his brothers. (Genesis 44:33)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48