Press On 2016

Have you registered to attend the USMB National Convention and Pastor's Convention? 

If not, there is still time.  Dates are July 27-30 in Denver, CO. The theme for the convention is Press On and our speaker will be Matt Heard.

Here are the reasons why I am attending:
  • I love to learn!  I look forward to the workshops and sessions led by Matt Heard.
  • Hearing more about the Future Story of the Mennonite Brethren conference. It sounds like some great changes are being made and I look forward to learning more about how we can work together as churches for local, national, and global multiplication, intentional disciple-making and developing leaders.
  • Networking with other church leaders-Each time I attend I meet someone new and reconnect with someone I had met at previous conventions.
  • Special opportunities for children's ministry leaders-There will be a workshop on Friday morning during the pastor's gathering and a meet and greet on Friday afternoon just to chat and get to know other children's workers in the USMB family.
  • It's Colorado!  I love the mountains, cooler temperatures, and great activities available in the Denver metro area.
  • Time with family-Last year, we had a bigger vacation to Florida while I was on sabbatical. This year, we are going smaller and using free time during the convention to have fun as a family.  We are considering the Alpine Slide, Water World, and probably some shopping too.
How about you?  I hope to see you at Press On 2016 in less than a month!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48