Our view of God

I am preparing to preach on May 29th on Nehemiah 9.  In this prayer, Nehemiah reminds us of who God is.  This reminded me that as humans we have many views of who God is.  Some of these views are shaped by what we were taught as children, others shaped by life and circumstances, and some by our favorite preacher, speaker, author.

A.W. Tozier writes, “What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us. And the second is what we think God thinks of us.”

I plan to share various views of God in my introduction on May 29th.  I am asking my readers to share views of God they had or have heard described.  For example, the Genie God is the God you just ask for things and He gives them to you. 

Please share in the comments views of God you have heard.  Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48