Introduction to Jesus Continued

I was home with a sick kid on Monday and all of my books were at my office.  So, I picked up a new book I received for my birthday.  It is called Jesus Continued by J.D. Greear.

Here are a few quotes from the introduction:
He starts by sharing this paragraph about how he understood God.  He writes, "It seemed that everything God had done, he had done in the past: he created the world, died on a cross, and then inspired a Bible to tell us about it. Then he gave us a mission and left through the clouds. God seemed like a busy teacher who had given an assignment and then stepped out of the room, leaving his students to get it done on their own."
I want to show you how you can have a deep, satisfying relationship with God through the Holy Spirit, on the basis of the finished work of Christ.
The Spirit's presence inside them, he said, would be better than himself beside them.
From the very beginning, he has passionately expressed a profound desire for a close, growing relationship with his people. 
In other words, he didn't want us merely to follow a plan or learn a doctrine, but to follow him. That requires real, personal interaction. Like any other relationship.
Is Christianity more of a set of beliefs to which you adhere and a lifestyle to which you conform, or is it a dynamic relationship in which you walk with the Spirit and move in his power?
Based on the introduction, I think I am going to really enjoy this book. Now I just have to finish my other books so I can read the rest of it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48