Promises of God from 1 Chronicles

Listen to the many ways God has proved faithful and is worthy of praise as you read these promises from 1 Chronicles:

“Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, ‘Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my territory!  Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.’  And God granted his request” (4:10).

“Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.  Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.  Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced” (16:10-12).

“For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods.  For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the Lord made the heavens.  Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy in his dwelling place” (16:25-27).

“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever” (16:34).

“I declare to you that the Lord will build a house for you.  When your days are over and you go to be with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, one of your own sons, and I will establish his kingdom.  He is the one who will build a house fore me, and I will establish his throne forever.  I will be his father, and he will be my son.  I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor.  I will set him over my house and my kingdom forever; his throne will be established forever” (17:10-14).

“There is no one like you, O Lord, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.  You made your people Israel your very own forever, and you, O Lord, have become their God” (17:20, 22).

“But you will have a son who will be a man of peace and rest, and I will give him rest from all his enemies on every side.  His name will be Solomon, and I will grant Israel peace and quiet during his reign.  He is the one who will build a house for my Name.  He will be my son, and I will be his father.  And I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever” (22:9-10).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48