Aha moment from a children's book

After attending the Liberate Conference this year, I purchased the book Thoughts that Make Your Heart Sing by Sally Lloyd-Jones.  As I have posted before, I highly recommend The Jesus Storybook Bible to all parents.  However, I had not read any of this other book.

About a week ago, Molly (my 6 year old) and I were reading one of the stories.  It is the story about faith as small as a mustard seed.  Picture from the book is below.  What amazed me was how I had focused so often on the size of my faith (mustard seed) rather than who our faith is in.  All of a sudden a light bulb came on for me.  It is about faith in Jesus and who He is and His power, not how much faith I can work up or muster. 

The Holy Spirit can use many different tools including a children's book to help us go deeper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48