My word for 2014

My wife was asking me this week if I had chosen a word to focus on in 2014.  She had heard about it on K-Love.  I really had not thought much about it.  But during my morning devotions on Thursday, I felt led to a specific word.

It is power. I look forward to meditating on this word and sharing Scriptures and thoughts with you about this word in 2014.  Today, I wanted to start by sharing from the Blue Letter Bible.  There are many words that are translated into power, but I will focus on two Hebrew words and one Greek word.

They are:
gĕbuwrah


Outline of Biblical Usage
  1. strength, might
    1. strength
    2. might, valour, bravery
    3. might, mighty deeds (of God)
koach


Outline of Biblical Usage
  1. strength, power, might
    1. human strength
    2. strength (of angels)
    3. power (of God)
    4. strength (of animals)
    5. strength, produce, wealth (of soil)

dynamis

Outline of Biblical Usage
  1. strength power, ability
    1. inherent power, power residing in a thing by virtue of its nature, or which a person or thing exerts and puts forth
    2. power for performing miracles
    3. moral power and excellence of soul
    4. the power and influence which belong to riches and wealth
    5. power and resources arising from numbers
    6. power consisting in or resting upon armies, forces, hosts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48