Recent quotes from Hidden in Christ

I am about halfway through Hidden in Christ by James Bryan Smith.  I thought I would share a few qutoes from the last few chapters I have read.

Making the adjustment from the ways of the world to the ways of the kingdom is hard. But guilt is a poor motivator.
Being an apprentice of Jesus is not about rules and laws, it is about identity and place.  The Christian life is not an if-then obligation ("If I do this, then God will do that.") It is a because-therefore opportunity ("Because I am one in whom Christ dwells, therefore I will . . .") The better way to encourage change is to remind people who they are now in contrast to who they once were.
God gave us mouths and tongues to comfort and encourage one another.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48