D6 Minis, Part 3 #d62013

Rodney Cox

How do you deal with differences in your marriage?
I thought it was a job to change my spouse. Only by the grace of God are we together today.
We communicate if you want to belong, you need to be more like me. That is not God's plan.
God's plan is for our differences to complete us not defeat us.

Leneita Fix

I have 4 kids who are adolescents which makes us a youth group.
I began to have a broken heart for kids from the inner city.
God thinks he's funny.
I began to meet parents and families who are run down and a little bit broken.  As I invited them to dinner, I found parents who were filled with shame.  I thought I was the hero of the story.
 The family was broken before it came to suburbs, city, or rural areas.  God's plan for the family is to be whole.
I separated the churched from the unchurched and believed these families needed me.
I wasn't asking the families what they needed. I thought I was better than them. I removed myself as savior and pointed them to real Savior.
My job is not to judge whether a parent is worthy of discipling their own children.
Every family can impress God's Word on their child's heart. They just need to know the Word.
I told parents, "It's OK that your spiritually growing at the same rate and time as your child."
Jeremiah 29:11
A changed parent is a changed family.  A changed family is a changed neighborhood.  A changed neighborhood is a changed city.  A changed city is a changed world.

Megan Lacefield

Leading a next gen ministry-working as a team across all ministries
Leading starts with me.  I have to lead up with my senior leadership.
I have to consistently lead down.  Loving people to the place that God is calling.
We lead best by listening and knowing people.
We work together as a team and fight for the team.
You need to share a common vision.
Leading next gen ministry is not about me.  It's about the families we are called to impact.






 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48