Take My Life and Let It Be

As part of my prayer time yesterday I sang the above hymn as suggested by James Bryan Smith in Hidden in Christ. He writes the following:
I also enjoy singing (to myself) that beautiful hymn by Francis Havergal, "Take My Life and Let It Be." I sing it slowly and reflect on the lyrics: take my moments. . .take my lips. . .take my voice. . .take my feet. Set your mind on these truths. I suspect you will see sin a whole new light, not as something you ought to try to stop but as something you would never want to do in light of who you are.
He continues with an affirmation and prayer that I think are important for you to be reminded of today.
AFFIRMATION
 I am sacred and special, a holy vessel, a temple of Jesus. Sin has no power over me, and it can only harm me. Therefore, I have no interest in it.
PRAYER
Gracious Abba, I need your help to see myself as you see me. I forget who I am and find myself drawn to sin. But in your eyes it is beneath my dignity. Help me to see it rightly, and therefore naturally turn from it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48