Molly is a follower of Jesus

As many of you know, Molly (my youngest daughter) chose to follow Jesus last night.  We are so excited that all of our children are followers of Jesus.  Because we were not good about writing things down with the previous kids, I wanted to write something to remember the actual date of Molly's decision.

It all began on Friday of last week on the way to Wichita.  Mitchell, Megan, and I were headed to Winter Jam at Intrust Bank Arena.  As we were pulling up to Intrust, Molly said, "I want to ask Jesus into my heart." Bethany and I were caught offguard and the traffic was pushing us forward.  We decided we would talk with Molly later.

I have been praying for all my kids to Love God & Love Others.  I also pray for them to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.  I have been praying for Molly from a young age that she would make a decision to follow Jesus.  So, throughout the weekend, I continued to pray that if this was the Holy Spirit speaking to Molly that she would continue to bring it up.  If it was something else, it would stop.

Molly kept bringing it up.  She asked again on the way to church for Easter.  She asked at supper on Monday as I was headed out the door to a meeting.  Bethany and I decided we wanted to have the time to both talk with her.  That night came on Tuesday.

We asked her what it meant to "ask Jesus into your heart."  I explained what it means to follow Jesus.  I wanted to avoid language that was too abstract. We talked about Jesus' death on the cross.  Our sin.  Our need of a Savior.  Our response.  We prayed together and she chose to follow Jesus.  She was so excited and filled with joy.  She ran out to tell her siblings and others. 

We rejoice with Jesus and the angels as Molly is not lost, but found!

Comments

  1. There is no gift as great as our child accepting Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48