Prayer Coach

I have been a little behind in my reading of Prayer Coach by James Nicodem. We are using this book with our D6 Dads groups this year. Here are a few quotes that caught my attention today:

"You don't have to save your praying for something really, really big."

"What are you praying for these days, in vague generalities, that you need to express in more specific terms to God?"

"We can-obviously, with God's help-put an end to fear and anxiety when they threaten us."

"The second thing that praying does to my fears is take my focus off them and place it back on God."

"We pray for open doors-opportunities to engage in spiritual discussions. We pray for open mouths-boldness to speak up about Christ when the time comes. And we pray for open hearts-responsiveness to the good news we share."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48

What is D6 Conference?