Ready for some basketball?

I don't know about you, but I am ready for some basketball.  My son began middle school practice this week.  I thoroughly enjoy watching and playing the game.  I am also ready to watch KU basketball.  On the other hand, I enjoy playing noon ball with several guys a few days a week.  It is great exercise and some days I even feel good about how I played.

Basketball, like many team sports, requires a group of guys or gals to learn to trust and work together.  Each individual must do their part for the team to be successful.  Without your team, you won't win too many games.  As we play at noon hour, we have to rely and depend on other's skills not just our own.  I am not tall enough to post up well and I am not a consistent three point shooter, but I do think I pass and rebound well. We need each other.

The same is true in the church.  There are several images used for the church in the Bible such as the body and a family.  But I like to think of church as a team. I have been given certain gifts from God.  Others have been given different gifts.  The point is not for me to want the gifts they have, but instead to trust and work together as the body or family does.  So, rather than trying to be someone else, be yourself this weekend and serve as God created you to be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48