State Fair

Today I was able to head to Hutch for the Kansas State Fair. All I can say is you can deep fry anything! As a family, we decided to try deep fried cookie dough and were very pleased with our choice.

Bethany was working at Newton Chamber of Commerce booth so the kids and I walked around and played and ate for 4 hours together. It was a fun afternoon.

Some of the rides and games have improved over the years, but for the most part it is the same as it was when I was a kid. Michael Julian, do you remember paying to go to "freak show" with snake woman and other strange and bizarre animals. Well, it is still a show at the fair.

I was proud of my kids and how they walked around and let me do a few things too. My favorite was the ferris wheel. My second favorite was eating at Carlos O'Kelleys on the way home.

All in all, it was a good Saturday as a family. Came home with less money, but a nice change to a normal Saturday routine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48