Doug Fields at #d62012

Doug Fields has been married 28 years. He has been in ministry for over 30 years and the author of 50+ books.

He spoke on leadership principles he learned after 30 years in ministry.

3 Sunlamps That Can Blind Us
  • The Importance of Numbers
    • "Bigger is better" causes you to have to feed the beast.
    • Because of this, my vision was burned.
  • The Pace of Life
    • Deadlines, Due Dates, & Demands
    • It became more of a sprint than a marathon
    • An outcome of this was a longing for isolation
  • The Constant Comparison
    • Comparing yourself to other ministries & other people
    • 10% of people are not going to like you.
These are not immoral issues, but the problem becomes when we focus on them.

How do we turn off these lights that can blind us? Here are his learnings:
  • Bigger isn't Better, Better is Better 
    • Numbers feed our insecurity
  • Hurry is the Enemy of the Depth
    • I found depth with people, within myself, and with Jesus.
    • You can't rush relationships, discipleship, or love.
  • Comparison Quenches Peace
    • God created me to be me. I am His masterpiece!
    • I needed to stop comparing and start abiding.
    • John 15
"When you ask me, how is my family doing?  I don't say 5."

"Quit being impressed by the busyness of people."

"We need to realize that everything and everyone looks better from a distance."

He closed by praying for us while we covered our eyes and asked for healing of our blindness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48