Led by the Spirit?

At Hesston MB, we have the CHRIST acronym which describes who we are.  The H stands for Holy Spirit Empowered.  As we as leaders reflect on whether or not we are Holy Spirit Empowered, it is difficult to evaluate.  Because of this difficulty, I thought it might be helpful to share one way I am seeking to be more Holy Spirit led & empowered.

Often in Scripture, we see the words "led by the Spirit".  What does this mean?  Galatians 5:25 says, "Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."  My understanding and application of this is simple.  Instead of relying on J.L. in decision making, I seek God's wisdom before a conversation or activity.

What does this look like?  For me, it is as simple as seeking God's wisdom and guidance in prayer at the beginning of the day for each planned and unplanned meeting or conversation.  It also includes talking with God as I drive to the meeting or location.  I ask for His words and wisdom as I talk.  I try and listen to the Spirit as we talk as well.  This focus on God not my wisdom has been a blessing to me and hopefully to those I talk with as well.

I hope you will be led by the Spirit as you go through your day today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48