Thunder Vs. Trailblazers

On Sunday, I had the privilege to take Mitchell to OKC to a Thunder game for a present from Christmas.  He loves NBA and the Thunder.  I looked forward to time with him, but I am not much of a NBA fan.  However, I must say I really enjoyed the game.  From the minute, we walked in the doors, it was an energetic and fun environment.  Then the rest of the activities going on throughout the game were entertaining and fun as well.  And the game was good too.  I usually critique the NBA because of lack of passion & defense.  I have to say I was impressed with the defense of the Thunder and how even their offensive threats still worked hard on defense.  I would definitely go again.  It was probably the most exciting professional sport's event I have attended behind football.

It was also a good opportunity to spend father and son time.  The 6th graders had just recently heard the "puberty & how babies are made" talk at school.  I had already taken Mitchell in October of last year to Branson and on the drive we listened to "Preparing for Adolescence" by Dobson.  I wanted to have talked with him before the school's information.  This time I didn't do it before the school, but we did a refresher on the topic of "puberty, purity, sex & dating".  I used Dennis Rainey's Passport2Purity.  We listened to 3 of the CD's on the way to OKC.  He only complained at first.  I hope to continue to keep the conversation open as he gets older. 

It was definitely a good start to Spring Break. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48