Ministry Conferences for 2012

So, as the those New Year's resolutions are coming and going.  I thought I would write about my plans for ministry growth in 2012.  Every year I have the opportunity for continuing education through seminars and conferences.  I also make sure I am reading a lot to help me grow in between conferences. 

Here are the conferences I plan to attend in 2012:

Orange Conference--The first on my schedule is the Orange Conference.  It is a gathering of ministry leaders for children, youth, and adults with a focus on church and home working together.  I have never attended this conference before but have enjoyed Reggie Joiner's book, Think Orange.  I am excited about this conference as it has several great breakout sessions and gives a slightly different take on what it means to equip parents to pass on faith to their kids.  For more information, go to their website here.

Conection 2012-This is a conference for the Mennonite Brethren Church.  Yes, it is spelled wrong to focus on "one" as part of our vision as a conference of churches. I am looking forward to this national gathering in Omaha, Nebraska.   I will have the opportunity to teach a breakout session with others on generational discipleship.  We will have the opportunity to here from Stephen Kendrick as well as comedian Kenn Kington.  This is a great opportunity to network and connect with others serving in MB churches.  You can visit their site here.

D6-This has been my favorite conference of all.  I have attended for 3 years.  You can check out previous blog posts from speakers from past years at D6.  This conference does a great job of not only giving you practical tools for ministry, but also giving you the theology behind it.  I have never attended a conference that has been as centered on Scripture as D6.  A few great speakers from last year were Voddie Baucham, David Platt, and Steven Curtis Chapman.  But I think the best part of the conference are the pre-con labs that start the day before the conference.  I have learned so much from these labs that they were worth the price of the conference alone.  You can check out their website here.  I plan to post a blog later in the week announcing speakers for 2012.

I know conference dollars are limited, but I would recommend doing your homework as you choose what to attend in 2012.  I am looking forward to all 3 of these opportunities in 2012.  Check back later in the year to read posts from them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48

What is D6 Conference?