Marriage Conversations

Yesterday was a good day for marriage conversations.  I had two separate meetings where the topic was strengthening marriages & helping marriages in crisis.  I am excited about these new ministries within Hesston MB Church. 

My first conversation was regarding a ministry called Marriage 911.  This curriculum is used by churches to help those in crisis in their marriage.  It allows the church to walk alongside couples and become a place people turn to rather than avoid.  For more information, check out the website at here.


During this meeting, we also began planning a marriage seminar called "The Art of Marriage".  We will be hosting this seminar in February 2012.  We are looking at dates and locations as well as beginning to work on publicity.  This will be a Friday night and all day Saturday seminar that will help strengthen marriages.  My hope is that it will be well attended by the Hesston community. 




My afternoon meeting was discussing marriage mentoring.  I have felt led by God to start something like this at Hesston MB.  This ministry would pair couples with another couple who will walk through a curriculum together over a year.  It is relationship based and easy to use.  I am exciting about the potential of this new ministry as well as I hope it will help couples develop strong marriages before problems develop.


I know that I must rely on the Holy Spirit to guide all of these new ministries because I cannot do it on my own.  I look forward to how God will work in the lives of others as He empowers them to serve Him and serve marriages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48