Holy Spirit Empowered

Today, Pastor Brad began his month long series on what it means to be Holy Spirit Empowered.  Along with this, I am teaching a 7 week study based on Francis Chan's book, Forgotten God.  As I was preparing this week, I am excited to see how God is going to use this study.  It is full of Scripture and challenges our thinking in many ways. 

But I wanted to share a story of how I experienced Holy Spirit Empowerment this past week.  The story actually begins about 2 weeks ago.  I was at Lincoln Perk (I know you are surprised) and doing my weekly reading on Thursdays.  I was drinking coffee and reading Spiritual Parenting by Michelle Anthony.  Then a guy approached me and asked about the book.  Eventually our conversation turned to parenting & I shared that I was a pastor and I would share some resources if he was interested.  He was so I took down his email and he left.  Immediately after he pulled out, I was convicted by the Holy Spirit that I should have prayed for him.

So, when I emailed him the resources, I shared that I felt led to pray for him.  He then asked if I would be willing to meet him again.  I agreed.  So, we met on Tuesday to talk about life.  I shared with Pastor Brad that morning that I would be relying on the Holy Spirit's guidance as I talked with him.  So, I prayed as I drove to the Perk that the Holy Spirit would give me the words and guide our discussion.  As we talked, I shared several things that I would have shared with any dad, but there were a few comments that I made that were interesting to me.  However, these comments were the ones that spoke specifically to questions he had been having.  He shared that he had felt led to start some kind of Bible study with his daughter and my comments confirmed this for him. 

I walked away from this meeting excited about what God had done.  It was not in my strength, but instead in the power of the Holy Spirit that I was able to impact his life.  I am excited about this month of study at Hesston MB about the Holy Spirit.  If you don't have a church home, join us on Sunday mornings at 10:10 a.m.  If you are interested in our study on Forgotten God, please join us at 9 a.m. in the old sanctuary.

Here's to a better understanding of the Holy Spirit and actually living by the Holy Spirit in our daily lives!

Comments

  1. Hi Friends,

    Nice information! The holy spirit is a term often used to refer to the holy ghost. To members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, sometimes casually called Mormons used synonymously. Thanks for posting all the helpful information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48