Quotes from Doug Fields at D6 2011

Doug Fields talking about ministry bait & switch.

  • Bait-to be good in ministry-you just need to love teenagers.
  • Switch-to be good in ministry-you must develop leaders.
  • Second bait: Grow the ministry
  • Switch: To manage your ministry growth
  • Third bait: Growth requires strong leadership/management
  • Switch: Pressure requires inner world management
  • Bait: Marriage is going to be awesome.
  • Switch: Where is the church that helped me get to this awesome marriage?

The perfect storm: ministry meeting the family.
What next?

Church needs leaders who:

  1. Can authentically say, Follow me as I follow Jesus.
  2. Walking & talking with Jesus
  3. Value a collective vision
  4. Are acutely aware of the twisters impacting families. We need to start spending time with families. Talk to them. Is our church doing anything that is adding to the twisters that families are experiencing?
If you want to be a leader in today's church, we have to focus on our own family.

For the sake of families, I commit to:

  1. I will follow Jesus.
  2. I'm better together.
  3. I will care deeply for families.

Comments

  1. Great summary! Thanks for making this available. I'm going to link this on d6blog.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48