Soul Surfer

So, we decided to watch Soul Surfer tonight as a family. We were not sure how the younger kids would respond to the shark attack. They were excited to watch the movie, but asked to be warned ahead of time. So we did. For those who have not seen the movie, the shark attack is done well and is very quick.

Mackenzie, our sympathetic and compassionate one, had to look away often. I think each of the kids took something away from the movie. After the movie, we had some kids pretending to surf and trying to do regular tasks with one hand. I hope it will spark some discussions in the days ahead.

So, would I recommend it to families? Definitely. But remember you know your children best and if you have one that is more emotional or empathetic, you might want to watch it first alone. For older children, teens, and adults it is a great movie about faith, courage, and perseverance. I could watch it again!

It makes me want to head to the ocean and try surfing. Probably won't, but at least I think I would like to try.

By the way, check out my post from ICRS and see a picture of Bethany and I with Bethany Hamilton.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48