Project Complete!

You might recall me blogging about an idea to write devotions for our mid-week program. I had been searching for the perfect curriculum which also included family devotions. I had found one or the other, but not both in one curriculum. So, I started to wonder what to do. Then as I was praying God gave me the nudge. Write your own. Not what I wanted to do and not something I felt equipped to do. But I obeyed and started and did my best.

I can say with excitement that the family devotions are now complete. I finished the editing and proofreading this afternoon. They are now ready to be copied and shared with the families. I hope they will be a blessing. I enjoyed writing them and I hope they will be a great resource for parents.

So, what did I do? As I have been reading several books on family ministry lately, three things seem to always become the focus in the area of family devotions or worship. They are Scripture, Song, & Prayer. Therefore, I put together weekly devotions (2 per week) that focus on these three things. On Day 1, they will sing & read Scripture together, but the majority of their time is spent in creative and fun ways to learn how to pray together as family. Then on Day 2, they will again read Scripture and pray, but the focus for this day will be looking at a praise song or hymn as a family and discuss what it means with the hopes to enrich their worship.

I wondered at times if this 6 month project would ever be complete. Now, 10 days before the deadline they are done. Thank you, God for the idea and for speaking through your Holy Spirit as I have written! I can't wait to share them with the families at my church.

Join us for our Hide N Seek Registration Night on Wednesday, August 31st for a meal and more information on our Wednesday night program. I look forward to a great year of ministry together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48