Lake Day & Outdoor Worship

Yesterday was our annual church family lake day. We had a great time trying to beat the heat at Harvey County East Lake. It was not that crowded so the kids were able to have a great time together. I realized that my kids really don't have much fear with regards to lakes or pools. They were quite the adventurers. Made this dad a little nervous. It was definitely over 100, but as long as you stayed in the water you did not notice it.

One of our church families brought a jet ski which was a highlight for my kiddos. Molly was a little nervous at first, but she got to ride with me & Wes on the jet ski while we pulled Mackenzie and Megan around. Mitchell had already rode around the lake several times with his friend, Aaron. I wish I had a camera because every time I looked at the girls, they had huge smiles on their faces. They did not want to get off. After a quick supper, they were ready to ride around again behind the jet ski. It was a great day of fun together!

Today, we have our annual worship outdoors. We have done this for the last several years. The first year (when I was at Hesston MB) was at Marion Reservoir. The last two at Harvey County East Lake. This is a special reminder for me because last year I baptized my son, Mitchell at this lake. It will definitely be a scorcher again this year, but there is something special about worshiping our awesome, creative God outside. I am excited about discussing the community of faith together today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48