What A Day!

Today has been one packed today. But even though it was very busy, it has been a blessed day too. This morning, I had a meeting at Tabor College to discuss Junior Camp activities. I went to my closet and the only long sleeve shirt I had was a Sterling College shirt. I proudly wore my Sterling shirt to my meeting and laughed to myself while on campus. It was a good meeting and a good reminder about how the Body of Christ must work together and use the gifts God has given us. We made a lot of progress and I left blessed.

Another part of the blessing is the prayers that I was able to pray as I drive. I must focus better as I drive because I have some of my best conversations with God while in the car. I was able to get back to Hesston in time to get some exercise to play noon basketball. Busy day, but so far so good.

Then I had the opportunity to head to the elementary school to see Mackenzie's Shop. For those not from Hesston, the 3rd graders do a unit on money and get to come up with a Shop where they sell something. They make commercials, posters, and come up with a plan. Mackenzie is becoming quite the sewer so she made mini-pillows. She worked so hard making 50 pillows. She was so excited to be sharing her ability with others. She had to come home from school make 20 more for tomorrow. I am so blessed to see my daughter discover a skill and use it to bless others.

This afternoon, our pastoral staff sat down and did some brainstorming about adult discipleship. We discussed a lot of stuff in this 2 hour meeting. It was so exciting to see how everything was coming together and how we can be more intentional in this area. I am excited to see how God uses this planning. I look forward to sharing more details with the church soon. It is a blessing to serve in ministry, work with a great staff and love what you do.

Tonight, for supper, I hosted a pizza party for all of the children from our Hide N Seek program who did the "extra" Bible reading. For Hide N Seek, children are encouraged to memorize Scripture and do weekly devotions with their families. An additional option is reading an assigned book of the Bible. Tonight, I was able to share with them about the importance of reading the Word and hiding it in their hearts. Blessed is seeing young boys and girls who are growing in their knowledge of the Bible.

Immediately, I came home to my small group. We are trying to complete our study on marriage by Chip Ingram. Our topic tonight was conflict. I am so happy to be discussing marriage together with this group. We are able to learn some great principles from God's Word that will help us navigate the challenges we all will face in our marriages. I love this group of couples. I hope all of you reading this have the privilege of being in a small group to grow closer as a couple and to God. Blessed is journeying together with other couples to be the best spouse we can be and knowing that comes only in relationship with Christ and accountability to others.

So, yes, it has been a long day, but it has been such a blessing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48