Tired after last week

Well, today marks the first day back to work after Holy Week. It has consisted of several busy weeks preparing for Family Night on the Passover, Palm Sunday, & Easter. Each of these celebrations went well and I was excited to be a part of each one. But today I am dragging just a bit.

I hope to catch up on things before I get busy again with summer planning. Because the reality is that in a month and a half, it is VBS & camp time. In less than a month, our family activities begin for the summer. But I don't want to get focused on those things yet. So, God gave me an opportunity last night to bring things into focus.

Last night, I had the privilege to hear several testimonies from individuals who are being baptized or becoming members at Hesston MB this Sunday. It was a great time hearing how God had brought each one to Himself and how each are gifted in unique ways to be active participants in the Body of Christ. Even though I was tired, this was a great reminder why I do all that I do. It is about "making disciples" and we can sometimes get stressed out about the busyness and miss out on the joy of being a disciple maker.

For all of you busy with ministry right now, stop and take a breath and remember why you do what you do. I plan to enjoy each day as it is a gift from God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48