Hosanna! Blessed Is He Who Comes in the Name of the Lord

It's Palm Sunday! I don't know about you, but I get really excited as Easter Sunday approaches. But for me, I get real excited about Palm Sunday at our church. Maybe even more than the kids. Because for us that means live donkeys and little kids processing into the worship service waving palm branches. It is a lot of work and headaches at times, but it is well worth it.

I am exhausted right now, but it is so fun see the children eyes light up as they see the donkey. It is great helping them to act out what the Bible says happened on Palm Sunday. It is fun playing games and reading books and singing songs that all capture the meaning behind this Sunday. Again, it takes a lot of help, but the payoff is seeing the kids "get it."

Check out the Hesston MB page or my facebook page for pictures later.

In closing, I highly recommend Heidrick's Promotions out of Nickerson. They have provided our donkeys for the last 3 years. They are great to work with. Johnnie, who brings the donkeys, is so great. Her comment to me today was "it is so great that you are helping these kids to see with their eyes what they read in the Bible. What you are doing with these kids is great!" Thanks Johnnie! I have enjoyed talking with you the last 3 years. This week, help your kids understand with their eyes what Jesus did for all of us during the last week of his life on earth.

Hosanna! Hosanna! Blessed Is He Who Comes in the Name of the Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48