Spring Break 2011


My kids are on Spring Break this week. On Monday, it was my day off, so I spent the day having fun with them. After sleeping in, a requirement on "daddy days", we started out on a walk from home. We headed down Main Street in Hesston to avoid the wind. Our first break was at the Hesston Library. The kids enjoyed the new computers in the children's area and I picked up a magazine & the book "Between A Rock & A Hard Place" by Aron Ralston. I was intrigued because Bethany and I watched 127 hours the night before.

After about 30 minutes, we headed to the kids' favorite (and mine too), Lincoln Perk. The kids ate a chocolate chip muffin, cinnamon roll, and Mitchell had a decaf blended caramel latte. I know I am a bad father for letting my 11 year old son have coffee, but it is a special treat and not very often. After the Perk, we stopped to play at King Park. The kids got along very well today so it was a good start for the morning.

After lunch, we headed to the Villa to swim at the indoor pool. By this time, the wind was crazy so it was nice to be inside. Needless to say, after all of this, it was time to rest. I wish I could say bedtime was easy because of all the activity, but it was not.

I look forward to tomorrow (Thursday) and starting my "Spring Break". I will be taking off Thursday-Sunday. No big plans except heading to Yates Center for Friday-Sunday. The kids are excited to see the cousins. I am glad for some time off as it is the season of meetings right now. Search Committee meetings are becoming more frequent as well.

Anyway, enjoy your "Spring Break" whatever it might include!

Comments

  1. sounds like priceless time with your family. ordinary and extra-ordinary all at the same time. Save me a steamer with vanilla shot at the Perk!
    -rev. mark almlie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48