Quotes to ponder from The Christian Atheist

Well, I had another great day of reading & good coffee at the Perk today. I am reading several good books right now. For staff meetings, I am reading Sticky Teams. I continue in my reading of Radical, The Christian Atheist & The Dad in the Mirror. Last week, I shared several quotes from Radical so this week I will share from The Christian Atheist by Craig Groeschel.

These quotes come from Chapter 7:

"Jeremy, like other Christian Atheists who've tried to change and failed, wrongly believes that God simply can't change him."

"He (Satan) lies to us until we're convinced that we're stuck and can never escape our problems."

"Addictions are idolatry. We're trying to meet some need that only Christ can, looking to anything but him."

"Admitting our problems is only the first step. After that, we must invite God to work, because he is the one who can change any problem."

"God is bigger than our problems, no matter what they are."

"Before you can tap into God's life-changing power, you have to eliminate the excuses."

"Grab any thought contrary to God's, overtake it, and replace it with truth."

"Capture wrong thoughts and replace them with truth. Can the excuses. If you keep making excuses, you're insulting God's power. With God, all things are possible--even the thing that you think isn't."

"If you believe you can't change, you're right--sort of. Your strength is limited. Your willpower isn't bottomless. Your determination will eventually run dry. That's why to change for good you need the power of the only one who is good--Christ!"

"We change by his power, not by ours."

"Change won't just take all the strength you have; it will take more. You need God's power. Do what you can, and trust God to do what you can't."

"Any success I've had is not because of my strength but because of God's power through my weakness."

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 says, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

"You can't change in your own power. If you feel overwhelmed by something bigger than you, let the one who is bigger than all things be the power you need in your weakness."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48