MCC Kits

On Saturday, I had the privilege of taking my 4 kids to do a service project with people from our church at the MCC Processing Center in North Newton. It was great to work alongside 20 people from our church of all different ages. We had children as young as 2 and parents with kids & grandparents with grandkids. If you know me, you know my passion for helping our kids develop an attitude of service at a young age. They do not need to wait until Junior or Senior High to start thinking of others and helping those who are in need. This is why I organize these service projects several times throughout the year.

Even though today was a crazy day for many due to soccer games and other commitments, we were able to accomplish much for MCC. We worked on school kits, health kits, & relief kits. I was proud of all of the adults who came but especially proud of our children. They worked hard for 1 1/2 hours. The lady who was supervising us even commented on how well behaved and hard working our kids were. For me, my highlight was watching my 3 year old work on projects. I knew my big kids could do it, but wondered how Molly would do. Immediately, I found her a project and she worked on it for most of our time.

In the car on the way back to Hesston, I told the kids how proud I was of them and how they helped some children throughout the world. I reminded them that God was pleased with their service too. I encourage parents and grandparents to be looking for opportunities where you can serve with your kids/grandkids. You will not be sorry for the time invested.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48

What is D6 Conference?