Books I Am Reading-January 2011

Here is a list of the books I am reading:

  • The Dad in the Mirror by Morley & Delk (Great book for Dads that we are reading as part of D6 Dads)
  • Collaborate by Chanley (Book on 35 different ways to connect family & church)
  • The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller (This one is going to challenge my thinking. Only read 2 Chapters and I am already looking at Luke 15 differently)
  • Radical by David Platt (My toes already hurt! I think this book has a similar theme as The Naked Anabaptist. After only reading the first chapter, I am challenged to not just know what Jesus said but also live it out. His premise: the American Dream has created a comfortable Jesus. More to come as I get farther into the book)
  • Radical Reformission by Mark Driscoll (The subtitle says it all, "Reaching out without selling out." A great book about the gospel, evangelism, church & culture.)
I think 2011 is going to be a challenging year of reading. Check back later for more quotes and thoughts as I get more into each of these books and add some others.

Here are a few on my 2011 reading list (if I don't run out of time):
  • Plan B by Pete Wilson
  • God in the Wasteland by Wells
  • The Christian Atheist by Craig Groeschel
  • Why We Love the Church by DeYoung & Kluck
  • Scandalous by D.A. Carson
  • Doctrine by Mark Driscoll
  • Bringing Up Girls by Dobson
  • Raising Kids Who Turn Out Right by Tim Kimmel
  • Sacred Marriage & Sacred Parenting by Thomas
  • Have A New Kid by Friday by Leman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48