Time With Molly

Today, is what we call "Daddy Day" in our house. For the last 8 years, Bethany has worked about 1-2 days per week in various jobs. We have scheduled one of those days to be my day off from work. This day soon was known as Daddy Day. From the very beginning, we did things differently than what happened when mom was home with the kids. It usually consisted of two rotating lunches: grilled cheese & daddy noodles (Ramen noodles) or hot dogs & macaroni & cheese. I know I am a gourmet cook. These days almost always included some activity such as a trip to the park or pool. I don't do well being inside my house all day so I keep the kids scheduled.

Well, today was daddy day and Molly set the agenda. She chose to ride her bike to Children's Park. Then she wanted to get a sucker from the bank. That was great since I needed to deposit a check anyway. So, as I walked and she rode her bike, she noticed the trees and some leaves that were falling. She asked about it. I tried to explain that in the fall trees leaves begin to change from green to yellow, orange, or red and eventually the leaves turn brown and fall off the trees. She was amazed and fascinated by the trees and she rode her bike. She also was interested in a plane that kept flying overhead. It was so fun to see her excitement about something new. It helped me to appreciate things we typically take for granted. It is impressive that God has ordered the seasons to do certain things during different times of year. It is amazing that God has given us minds to create airplanes that fly. I could go on and on. Take time to appreciate the world we live in and remember to tell God "thank you".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48