Speeding Ticket

So, it happened again. I received a speeding ticket in Pittsburg, KS on our way back from Branson. This was only my second ticket in my life. My first happened about 15 years ago in Valley Center. Both times it has been in the city limits. This time, I had taken a different route home from Branson hoping to cut some time and miles. I ended up coming into Pittsburg in the middle of downtown somewhere. Anyway, the speed limit was 20 and I was going 35. Ouch!

Why do I share this? First, it is just a reminder that I am human. Second, it reminded me of how we sometimes go through life. Clueless, too fast, or unaware. I was just going through Pittsburg unaware of what the speed limit was. When the police officer stopped me, I did not try to get out of the ticket because I was guilty. I was speeding. I do this in my life often as well. I go through life so fast that I miss out on what is going on around me and even the signs to guide and protect me.

Are you missing out on God's signs for you? Are you going so fast that you have lost focus on what is important? Have you missed God's guidelines to protect you? Are you unaware of how much God loves you?

Well, I hope I don't get a ticket for another 15 years. But it does remind me to keep my eyes open and pay attention. Go to a local church tomorrow and see what God has planned for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48

What is D6 Conference?