Week Flying By

As I ponder the last week, I realize it has gone very fast. Mitchell is away at Jr. Camp at Tabor. I am sure he is having a great time. We have had 3 ball games this week-one game we had my family at and the second we had Bethany's dad. Tonight, Megan and Mackenzie had three great hits in Buhler. I wish the rest of the family had seen those as they have been struggling to hit the ball the last few games.

This week, I have been busy at work getting ready for a baptism class and praying about curriculum for Hide N Seek and Sunday School. I am starting to sense a direction, but we will see what decision is finally made. As I read this morning, I was amazed at several great articles that spoke to where I am at in ministry. The first talked about recruiting, the second focused on ministry to parents, and the other on depth in Children's Ministry. They all gave several things to think about.

This weekend will be a busy one. I have three different "potlucks" to attend. On Saturday night, we are having a D6 Dads (and family) cookout at Derek Roth's home. Sunday morning, we have a Sunday School Teacher Recognition Potluck and that evening a meal with our small group and families. Sometime in all of that, I have two meetings and head to Hillsboro to pick up Mitchell at camp. Much of this weekend, Bethany is working so we will miss having her around too.

I am ready for a great weekend and some extra time with the kids. I really enjoy my Thursday afternoons as I get to spend some extra time at home. I have been helping get some laundry done while I get some church work done at home. But the highlight is the pool with the kids and eating supper together. We miss Bethany, but she is enjoying her job at Faith and Life.

I think my next post will be the highs of the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48