Happy Birthday, Megan!

Today, Megan turns 7. I cannot believe that she is that old. She has been getting ready for her birthday for months. She gets to pick where we eat for supper tonight. Then, Grammie and Grandaddy will be here for cake & ice cream. Next Monday, I am taking about 5 girls to the pool for her friend party.

As were reminiscing about the day of her birth, I am reminded about the "dad of the year" award I should have received. (Note sarcasm). Bethany was 37 weeks pregnant and as a youth pastor I went to camp. Now to my credit, I was in the same town so if she went into labor I could make it. And sure enough-she did. So, she drove herself to pick me up and we headed to the hospital. Megan was born mid-afternoon.

As I shared before, Megan was our answer to prayer. She was supposed to be born premature. Bethany was supposed to go on bedrest. But our beautiful, redhead was born as our biggest baby to date and the longest pregnancy for Bethany. God truly answers prayers!

Happy Birthday, Megan! Enjoy your day!

P.S. Check back on July 20th when I share my other "dad of the year" award for when Molly was born.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48