Wind

It sure is windy today. Have you ever noticed how your view of wind depends on your perspective? For example, as I was walking with Mackenzie, Megan, and Molly this morning to the Perk, we seemed to get to the Perk quickly and without a lot of effort because the wind was at our back. But then when we walked home, I had some tired and whiney girls because the wind was blowing against us. Or think about sitting through a sporting event or having a picnic on a windy day, it begins to become annoying as your hat or plate blow away. Yet when you are on a sailboat (I don't know from experience since I have never sailed), it would seem the wind would make for some great times and adventures.

I like the wind when I am mowing on a hot day to cool me off. I like to listen to the wind blowing around me as it can be soothing. But at times it can also be a hindrance as well.

As I think about wind, I am reminded of the Holy Spirit. In Scripture, the word for Spirit means breath or wind. It reminds me that the Holy Spirit is like the wind in many ways. It can give us the boost to keep going forward (like my walk to the Perk), but it can also blow against us to prevent us from doing something (my walk back). Paul writes about a time he wanted to go somewhere, but the Holy Spirit prevented him. I hope that on this windy day, I will better understand the Holy Spirit and will go where He leads and stop when prompted to stop. Enjoy the wind, but more importantly be empowered by the Holy Spirit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48