Books I Am Reading

It is time to share again what books I am reading right now. Why? Because hopefully one of the titles might interest you and you would pick up the book and be challenged. One of things I learned early in seminary was that I needed to be a lifelong learner. What this means is that even though my formal education at Denver Seminary ended, I needed to continue to grow in my knowledge and experience informally. For me, I do this through conferences and observations from others in ministry, but more consistently through reading. Sidenote: I hated reading until I graduated from seminary, but now I love sitting down with a good book to help or challenge me in ministry.

Here is what I am reading right now:

Home Improvement: Eight Tools for Effective Parenting by Dr. Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller
Spiritual Milestones by Jim & Janet Weidmann & J. Otis & Gail Ledbetter
The Blessing by John Trent & Gary Smalley
Unfashionable by Tullian Tchividjian
The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn
Preparing for Adolescence by Dr. James Dobson
Wild Things: The Art of Nurturing Boys by Stephen James and David Thomas
They Call Me Dad by Dr. Ken Canfield
God, Marriage, and Family by Andreas Kostenberger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48

What is D6 Conference?