Family Night-Valentines for the Villa

Tomorrow night, we will again have Family Night at our church. These nights have become some of my favorite nights because the entire family gathers together for a meal and then have fun together through learning and service. It is great seeing parents and kids talking about faith together. It is fun helping families have these conversations.

This month, my focus in love. How brilliant! We will eat our meal together and then sing a few songs together. I have requests for Jesus Loves Me Rock and the Hippo Song. Then I will read from 1 John 4:7-11. I will discuss God's love for us and how we need to share that love with others. Following that we will play a quick game of hug tag and get started making Valentines.

Who are the Valentines for? I cannot take credit for this idea, but we will be making Valentines for residents of Schowalter Villa (Hesston's local nursing home). Our goal is a Valentine for each person. I look forward to sharing these cards with the residents of the Villa. While families are making cards, I will give them four questions to discuss together. They are:
  • How do we know God loves us?
  • Parents: How do your kids show you love?
  • Kids: How do your parents show you love?
  • As a family, how can we share God's love with our neighbors?
In closing, we will pray the individuals receiving the cards will be blessed and know God's love. We will end our time together by singing, "Go" from Seeds Family Worship.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the mention of Seeds!! Send me an email: michelle@seedsfamilyworship.com and I'll let you know all the latest and greatest news from Seeds!!

    Keep planting!
    Michelle

    www.seedsfamilyworship.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48

What is D6 Conference?