A year later

Well, I have officially been in Hesston for a year now. As I think back over the last year, I am blessed by what God has done for me and in and through me. I cannot believe it has already been a year. As I ponder those times of provision and learning, I am reminded that God is always faithful. He has been with us every step of the way.

I wanted to share a few ways God has worked in the last year:
  • Richard & Rosemary Prieb opening their house to my family. I stayed with them during the week and Bethany and the kids joined on the weekends. Thanks to the generosity of the Priebs!
  • Moving the whole family into our current home which was a complete God thing in how we found out about the house and how patient the Holmes were with us as we tried to sell our house in Iola.
  • Around 30 visits with individuals and couples to get to know them better and to share about the family ministry at Hesston MB. I have loved each of these visits!
  • Closing on our home in Hesston in March.
  • A renter moving into our house in Iola.
  • The many kind words and ways Hesston MB has given to me and my family over the last year through cards, acts of service, and generous gifts.
  • Implementing a few new ministries: prayer meeting on Sunday nights, Family Nights, fuzion (new ministry to 5th/6th graders).
  • Gathering with parents and kids for monthly activities of fun and service.
  • The many wonderful volunteers who make the children's ministry possible!
  • The wonderful staff that I work with on a daily basis.
  • Starting a blog.
  • Countless new friends I have made.
  • A great small group growing together as couples and parents.
  • D6 Dads has been a blessing!
  • A wonderful community with great parks/activities and a great school system.
  • A smooth transition for my wife and kids (I was excited and ready to go the day I received the call to come in September)
  • A great neighborhood and great friends that my kids have made.
  • A wonderful opportunity for retreats at Stutzman Cabin.
  • Growing in my personal walk with Christ and in leading my family at home spiritually.
  • Great parents and in-laws who have helped us in so many ways.
  • Being part of a church that faithfully teaches God's Word and seeks to worship wholeheartedly and authentically.
  • D6 Conference in Dallas.
  • Group's How To Conference in Kansas City with 3 ministry leaders.
  • A ministry that has been a great match with my passion and spiritual giftedness.

Comments

  1. Great to have you and Bethany and the family here, JL. Thanks for serving God and loving Him in what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48