Family Worship on Thankfulness

Last night, we had a great time during family worship. We did our usual singing and prayer. But we added a game into our time of learning. I had each of three oldest read the following Scriptures: Philippians 1:3; Colossians 3:15-17; Philippians 4:11. We talked about Thanksgiving coming up and our need to be thankful and content.

I then had prepared 4 questions for a "Family Feud" type game. The kids had to work together as a family. Any points on the board after three strikes went to the Unthankful Family. All of the questions had to do with being thankful. Here are the questions with answers (you can change them to fit your situation):

Thankful for Hesston: Church (42), School (21), House (17), Parks (11), Arboretum (6), & Friends (3)

This Thanksgiving I'm Thankful For: God (33), Spouse (21), Parents (17), Kids (9), Family (8), Food (7), & House (5)

Things I'm Thankful About My Family: Love me (36), Take care of me (20), Play with me (16), Help me (15), Laugh with me (13)

Thankful for God because He is: Loving (51), Providing (30), Powerful (12), Holy (4), With Us (2), & All Knowing (1)

Our kids had a great time with this game and it helped them learn a little about thankfulness in the process. I am thankful for the opportunity to be teaching my kids spiritually at home. I encourage you to think of ways to begin doing this in your home too. For ideas, please call or email me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48