Busy Weekend

Well, it's now the weekend. We seem to have a pretty full weekend ahead of us. Not as busy as some, but still filled in many ways. Tonight I had a good time with the family for supper and movie night. We watched UP. I really enjoyed the movie, but don't remember any Disney movie being quite this sad. I have the kids put to bed and getting ready to go pick up "our boys" from SDYC (Southern District Youth Conference). We will have 5 others living in our home this weekend as they attend the conference in Newton. My wife is an amazing hostess. Not only has she cleaned non-stop, but has made tons of food.

Tomorrow, the day begins early as I take the boys back to SDYC by 8:3o. Then Mitchell and I are competing in a Turkey Shoot. No guns! Just free throws. It is a parent/child competition shooting free throws put on by Hesston Recreation. Mitchell has been practicing. I hope I can make a few and we do our best.

From 2-6 p.m. tomorrow, the whole family will be serving together at the Harvey County Homeless Shelter. It is a Family Service Project that I have planned for our church families. It happens to be the same weekend as SDYC just because it is the week our church is on the schedule at the shelter. We will be doing some organizing, cleaning and serving a meal. My wonderful wife has again worked hard preparing food. She has gone above and beyond what I expected and asked. She will be sending the residents with a baggie of chex mix or dog chow. I look forward to serving alongside my kids tomorrow and talking about the importance of serving others. I hope they come away knowing that they have served in Jesus' name and with a heart for others.

Tomorrow night, we might go to the concert at SDYC. It will depend on how tired and exhausted the family is. Then we pick up our boys again for one more night. We will then return them back to Newton on Sunday morning where we will attend the worship service. Both of the host churches (Hesston MB and Koerner Heights) will be worshiping with the 500+ youth from SDYC. Our busy weekend concludes with a church business meeting to approve the budget. Even though it looks to be busy from this vantage point, I am looking forward to each and every moment of it. Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48