The Battle For . . .Series

I was thinking about what to blog about today. Then an idea popped into my head. Was it God or just me? I guess I will let you determine that as you read the series of posts I am going to begin today. As I was hitting my snooze button this morning, I was reminded about how sometimes I "battle" to get up and spend time alone with God. Why is that? Stay tuned. I plan to write about that battle in an upcoming post. Then I began to think about other areas in my life where there is a "battle". Sometimes it is spiritual warfare and other times it just me and my flesh.

The following verses also came to mind as I thought through some of these areas.

John 10:10 says, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy." Satan wants to destroy us and steal our joy. Satan will do whatever he can if it will destroy our walk with God, our relationship with others at the church, and keep us from sharing Jesus with others.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 says, "For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought make it obedient to Christ." We are in a battle and it is spiritual in nature. We must fight with spiritual weapons not the weapons of the world.

Romans 7:15,18 says, "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. . . I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out." These verses show the battle going on between our spiritual nature (if we are believers) and our sinful nature. We cannot blame everything on Satan because we give in to our sinful nature often.

So, I hope I have tweaked your interest and you will come back to read about the following:

The Battle For . . .Quiet Times
The Battle For . . .Marriage
The Battle For . . .Parenting
The Battle For . . .Prayer
The Battle For . . .God's Word
The Battle For . . .The Church
The Battle For . . .Purity
The Battle For . . .Evangelism/Service
The Battle For . . .Finances

I look forward to thinking through these areas and hope to share the lies Satan tells us in regards to these areas as well as the lies we believe from others and the world. Put on your battle armor and let's head into battle. We know that only in Christ will we receive the victory in any of these areas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48