Light in the Darkness

This morning, I was up bright and early for my first D6 Dads gathering. I enjoyed our time together this morning at 6:30 a.m. As I was driving home to pick up the kids for school, I noticed the sun trying to break through the clouds. As we left home to go to school, it started raining. However, that was short lived as soon as I turned to drive to the church-the sun broke through the clouds and was somewhat blinding in my rear view mirror. At the church, I got out of the car and was amazed at the awesome radiance of the sun shining and how it brightened up everything.

It immediately brought to mind the Scripture from 1 Peter 2:9 which says, "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light." Sin in our lives creates darkness, but we serve a risen Savior who deals with that darkness and brings us into His light. This verse challenges us as believers and the church to be a light in this dark world. You don't have to watch 10 seconds of TV or read the newspaper 1 minute to see the darkness around us. But we are called to be a light. With Jesus' help, we can be a light in this dark world. We can share His light with others. Just like the sun this morning, His radiance and light makes the darkness disappear. How will you be a light to someone today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48