First Day of School

For our family devotions the night before school began, Bethany had a great idea. We did our usual piano music and Bible verses. Then we asked each kid what they were most looking forward to during this year at school. I talked with them about the importance of Loving God-Loving Others at school and we talked about Colossians 3:17 and how that can impact their words and actions at school.

We then had each one of them share one of their worries about the school year. They were all pretty excited, but each one came up with one. We then talked about giving it to God and sang "I Cast All My Cares Upon You." Molly then picked The B-I-B-L-E to sing. We then went around the circle and prayed for their teachers, classmates, and administration. We prayed for a good year and for them to learn a lot. It was a great way to start the school year. My wife is full of good ideas!

Comments

  1. She sure is! So glad there first day went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I misspelled 'there'! I'm super tired tonight... not thinking clearly:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48