Rain

I was awakened today by the rain. I was glad to hear the rain as my lawn definitely needed some moisture. When I think of rain I think of several things: refreshing, nourishing, relaxing, cleansing, growing. As I laid in bed, I thought about how this rain was soothing and helping me go back to sleep. I also wished I would have left my van outside so the rain could clean it off (I hate washing my van and I do it rarely if ever). I also thought about our flowers and trees and grass and how this rain was bringing needed growth, refreshment and nourishment.

All of these things reminds me of what God does in our lives. God brings us relaxation and peace as we trust in Him. Through forgiveness in Jesus Christ, we are cleansed from our sins. When we are dry in our spiritual walk, he brings refreshment through His Word. As the Holy Spirit works in us the process of sanctification, we are nourished and grow and are made more like Christ. May the triune God be the "rain" we need today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48

What is D6 Conference?