Fall is coming!

I cannot believe that summer is almost over. We leave on Sunday for our vacation. We will be staying in Paris, TN for a few days and then end the vacation in Branson. The kids are very excited! Bethany and Shirley are working on things for the kids to do in the car. Once we get back to Hesston, the kids will start school is a little over a week. They are ready! So is mom.

What else does the end of summer bring? Fall-which means activities get started again. Hide N Seek (our children's program) will begin with a cookout and parent meeting on Aug. 26th at 6:45 p.m. I am working on implementing a new ministry to our 5th/6th graders that will also kickoff that evening. I am very excited about this new ministry and think the 5th/6th graders and their parents will be too. New Sunday School teachers begin on Aug. 16. It makes your head start to spin a little. But I am ready.

Starting in November, I missed out on all of this last year. I have enjoyed evaluating curriculum. I picked a new curriculum for pre-K and reworked their devotions. I have been proofreading and evaluating and reworking devotions for the older ages. I have been in the process of recruiting new volunteers and brainstorming ideas for publicity for all of these activities. The summer has flown by, but I think we will be ready.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48