Reaction

This weekend, I was in Yates Center for my 15 year class reunion. As mentioned in a previous post, it was good seeing everyone. After we left the reunion, Bethany realized that she was having a skin reaction. We had decided it was a reaction to the sunscreen. It continued to spread through the weekend. I hope she is able to get some relief from the itching when she goes to the doctor this afternoon.

This got me to thinking about reactions. We all have them whether they are physical or emotional or spiritual. Something causes us to respond either positively or negatively. Many times they happen despite our trying to control them. It is not an excuse just a reality.

I look forward to spiritual reactions similar to what happened in Acts 2:42-47. As verse 47 says, "And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved." The Holy Spirit is the power that is needed for these type of reactions to occur. It is not based on us, but on God moving around us. But there are few things in these verses that contributed to this spiritual reaction.

Here are a few of them:
  • devoted to teaching (vs. 42)
  • devoted to fellowship with others (vs. 42)
  • prayer (vs. 42)
  • unity (vs. 44)
  • generous and sacrificial giving (vs. 45)
  • worship (vs. 47)
God, may you be glorified in all we say and do and bring about a spiritual reaction in my life, my family, my church, my state, country and world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48

What is D6 Conference?