Family Driven Faith

I am reading a book now written by Voddie Baucham Jr. called Family Driven Faith. I am only two chapters in and he has already challenged me. The subtitle is "Doing What It Takes To Raise Sons and Daughters Who Walk With God." It was recommended by several authors who I have enjoyed reading over the last few months. Let me share several quotes to get you thinking today:

"Our children are falling away because we are asking the church to do what God designed the family to accomplish."

"We must refuse to allow trivial, temporal pursuits to interfere with the main thing."

"Unfortunately, this is exactly what many Christian families do. We do marriage according to Dr. Phil, raise our children according to Dr. Spock, govern our sex lives according to Dr. Ruth, and only run to Dr. Jesus when things have gotten so bad we can't find another doctor to help us."

"Time is precious, and you only get one chance to raise your children."

"I do, however, believe that it is important for us as a family to acknowledge God whenever we can."

"One of the most important things mommy and daddy time does is to establish the priority of our marriage in the home."

I hope these quotes spark something within you today. Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48