Day Off

Mondays are my days off and they always go by so fast. My wonderful wife lets me sleep in. Then I usually get to hang out with Molly and Bethany in the morning. Today, Molly and I went for a walk to Emma Creek Park and then to Stone Creek Nursery. We were working on our colors at Stone Creek. I would say a color and then ask her to point to a flower of that color. She really likes saying "lel-low" and I think it might be her favorite.

After our walk or whatever we do that morning, I go lift weights at the Wellness Center and then to play noon hour basketball. It definitely has helped get me in better shape. For me to run, there has to be a purpose and basketball serves that purpose now. I really have enjoyed playing. Then the afternoon is usually some kind of house or yard work followed by picking up the kids from school and then something fun with them.

Today, we went on a bike ride to King Park. The kids played in the spray park and got pretty soaked. Then we headed down toward Main Street to pick up a prescription for Molly. On the way, Megan had a wreck on loose gravel. She hit her hand and chin. She cried a little, but was very brave. We got a band-aid at the pharmacy and that made it better.

We got home in time to help get ready for our company for the evening. Molly is always excited to see us when we get home. It is a great start to my work week. I love the time spent with Bethany and the kids on my day off and cannot think of a better way to spend it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48